Paul Nicholls LLB (Hons), ACIArb, Solicitor-Advocate
Qualifications and membership:
- Admitted and practising as a Solicitor
- Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Court, all proceedings)
- Called to the Bar (Lincoln's Inn) as non-practising Barrister
- Admitted as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- LLB (Hons) 2:1
- Legal Practice Course (with commendation)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (with commendation)
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
- Previously Fellowship of ILEX
- Accredited Commercial Mediator
- Associate Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Birmingham Law Society
- Member of Birmingham Medico Legal Society
Paul is a father of four boys aged 12 to 24 and has worked in law, since leaving school in 1984. He was admitted as a Fellow in ILEX in 1993, qualified as an Accredited Commercial Mediator and latterly as a Solicitor, Solicitor Advocate and called to the Bar as a non-practising Barrister.
Paul started life in the debt collection of Pinsent & Co, and quickly learnt personal injury law at Robin Thompson & Partners, then acting on behalf of Claimants and Defendants as an Associate with niche litigation practice; Smith Jones before establishing Nicholls Brimble with fellow partner; Rupert Griffiths.
Paul has acted on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants alike, representing private clients through to insurers, brokers, Solicitors, Accountants and Insurers from small value claims through to multi million pound catastrophic actions.
Paul has a varied caseload: Personal Injury claims - including fatal accident claims and claims of maximum severity for Claimant and Defendant, Clinical Negligence, Contentious Probate, Judicial Review, Commercial Litigation, Private Crime - including representation at Crown Court and higher courts, Insurance Litigation, Family, and advocacy on behalf of Professionals at disciplinary and regulatory hearings.
Paul has lectured on Personal injury law for the Motor Accident Solicitors Society, and has previously lectured on law, practice and procedure to insurers and commerical clients.
In addition to litigation, Paul represents families and insurers at inquests, and other tribunalsi (including professional standards hearings) and as mediator in all types of disputes:
Areas of practice:
- Claimant personal injury by CFA (no-win, no-fee)
- Defendant personal injury (captive and general insured)
- Consumer related actions (including actions for non-delivery)
- Commercial Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Product Liability
- CICA actions
- Judicial Review
- Contested Trusts
- Partnership disputes (including professional partnership disputes)
- Regulatory Law, including representation at professional standards hearings
- Standards Committee Hearings
- Educational law including appeal tribunals
- Respondent representation at Employment Tribunal
- Clinical Negligence
- Professional Negligence
- Commercial debt
- Boundary disputes
- Training on law, procedure and practice.
- Commercial Contractual disputes including actions founded in misrepresentation.
To contact Paul please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 429 8016.